Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Amritsar
Amritsar: A suspected Pakistani spy has been arrested near Amritsar on charges of gathering and passing on vital information about the movement of military formations along India`s border with Pakistan, as well as for smuggling narcotics.
The suspected spy has been identified as Harjinder Singh of Bohalia village. Three smugglers who happened to be Singh`s associates were also arrested along with him.
Briefing the media, Sanjiv Kumar, Station House Officer (SHO), Narcotic Cell of Amritsar (Rural) Police Station, said two Pakistan-origin SIM cards, a diary containing information of sensitive military movement, including phone numbers of contacts in Pakistan, were recovered from Singh.
Kumar further revealed that a pistol, six cartridges and 250-grams opium was seized from one of the arrested men, named Harwant Singh.
He also said that during preliminary interrogation it was revealed that Harjinder Singh was a Subedar (a Junior Commissioned Officer) in the Army but was cashiered after a court martial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing