Suspected Varanasi blast accused held in Mumbai
Mumbai: A man was detained at Mumbai airport on Saturday after an anonymous phone caller informed the police in
the metropolis that he was allegedly involved in the December
seven Varanasi blast.
The Anti Terror Squad of Mumbai Police informed the
authorities at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport about
the name of the person against whom a call was received,
official sources said.
CISF and immigration authorities could not figure out
the person but detained one Suhaib Nadim Siddique whose name
was quite similar to that mentioned by the caller.
Siddique, a resident of Thane district of Maharashtra,
was intercepted when he was on his way to board a plane to
Gulf, the sources said.
They said the ATS was quick to inform its counterpart in
Uttar Pradesh but seemed to have backtracked later when
nothing was found against the detained person during
Siddique was detained from the check-in counter of a Gulf
airline at the Mumbai International Airport.
"We are questioning him and checking his credentials. As
of now, no link with Varanasi blast case has come out," Deputy
Commissioner of Police Satyanarayan Chaudhary said.
The blast in Varanasi left two persons dead and scores
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical