Suspected Varanasi blast accused held in Mumbai
Mumbai: A man was detained at Mumbai airport on Saturday after an anonymous phone caller informed the police in
the metropolis that he was allegedly involved in the December
seven Varanasi blast.
The Anti Terror Squad of Mumbai Police informed the
authorities at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport about
the name of the person against whom a call was received,
official sources said.
CISF and immigration authorities could not figure out
the person but detained one Suhaib Nadim Siddique whose name
was quite similar to that mentioned by the caller.
Siddique, a resident of Thane district of Maharashtra,
was intercepted when he was on his way to board a plane to
Gulf, the sources said.
They said the ATS was quick to inform its counterpart in
Uttar Pradesh but seemed to have backtracked later when
nothing was found against the detained person during
Siddique was detained from the check-in counter of a Gulf
airline at the Mumbai International Airport.
"We are questioning him and checking his credentials. As
of now, no link with Varanasi blast case has come out," Deputy
Commissioner of Police Satyanarayan Chaudhary said.
The blast in Varanasi left two persons dead and scores
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery