Suspense mounts over final pricing of Gorshkov carrier
On Board PM`s Special Aircraft: Suspense
mounted over the final price India has to pay Russia for
Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier after the two countries
ended the lockjam over the protracted price negotiations.
India today said it would like to wait for formal
completion of necessary procedure before declaring that all
problems over the deal has been sorted out with Russia.
"We have moved closer to finalising a price but we
would like to go through procedures and clearances before
making an announcement (of a solution)," Foreign Secretary
Miriam Ra told journalists accompanying Prime Minister Mammon
Sing on his return home from Moscow.
A Russian team is currently in New Delhi to firm up
issues relating to pricing.
Ra had yesterday said the two countries have
successfully ended negotiations on technical issues.
Indian and Russian defence officials have been
negotiating the price for the purchase of the refurbished USD
2.2-billion aircraft carrier for several years.
Moscow is now asking for USD 2.9 billion for the
aircraft carrier, nearly thrice the price that was originally
agreed between the two sides in 2004.
But New Delhi wanted the price to be scaled back to
USD 2.1 billion. The official did not disclose what that
"satisfactory price" was but said it is between what the two
countries were negotiating over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen