Suspension of Noida SDM votebank politics: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday attacked the Uttar Pradesh government for suspension of a woman IAS officer saying the reason for the action against her was votebank politics.
"A woman officer was suspended in Uttar Pradesh. Everyone is saying she was an honest officer. What is the reason...It was votebank politics," party leader Arun Jaitley said here today while addressing women party leaders.
2009-batch IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, posted as Sub- Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautam Budh Nagar in September last year, was penalised ostensibly for the demolition of a wall at a disputed place of worship.
"It is an administrative decision. She had ordered demolition of the wall at a place of worship," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on twitter yesterday.
Opposition parties have slammed the Samajwadi Party government that the suspension order was made under pressure from the sand mining mafia.
IAS officers in the state today rallied behind their woman colleague demanding revocation of her supension order even as the issue snowballed into a major controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America