Suspension of Noida SDM votebank politics: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday attacked the Uttar Pradesh government for suspension of a woman IAS officer saying the reason for the action against her was votebank politics.
"A woman officer was suspended in Uttar Pradesh. Everyone is saying she was an honest officer. What is the reason...It was votebank politics," party leader Arun Jaitley said here today while addressing women party leaders.
2009-batch IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, posted as Sub- Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautam Budh Nagar in September last year, was penalised ostensibly for the demolition of a wall at a disputed place of worship.
"It is an administrative decision. She had ordered demolition of the wall at a place of worship," Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on twitter yesterday.
Opposition parties have slammed the Samajwadi Party government that the suspension order was made under pressure from the sand mining mafia.
IAS officers in the state today rallied behind their woman colleague demanding revocation of her supension order even as the issue snowballed into a major controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'