Suspicious packet creates panic, delays New Delhi-bound flight
Guwahati: A packet, suspected to be carrying explosives, recovered from the cargo section of a Guwahati-New Delhi Spice Jet aircraft, Saturday created panic and delayed the flight at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport at Borjhar here, police said.
Cargo handlers of SG-881, scheduled to leave here at 3:30 PM, found a suspicious-looking packet with wires and informed the CISF personnel posted at the airport who in turn handed over the packet to the police.
The police immediately informed forensic experts who rushed to the spot to examine the packet which was booked by a person from Meghalaya with a courier company and was being sent to a person in New Delhi.
On preliminary investigations, the forensic experts said that the materials were not explosives but were used in heaters for sealing purpose.
They took away the materials for further investigations in their laboratory.
Meanwhile, the police took into custody two employees of the courier company and the flight later left for its onward journey, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani