Suspicious packet creates panic, delays New Delhi-bound flight
Guwahati: A packet, suspected to be carrying explosives, recovered from the cargo section of a Guwahati-New Delhi Spice Jet aircraft, Saturday created panic and delayed the flight at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport at Borjhar here, police said.
Cargo handlers of SG-881, scheduled to leave here at 3:30 PM, found a suspicious-looking packet with wires and informed the CISF personnel posted at the airport who in turn handed over the packet to the police.
The police immediately informed forensic experts who rushed to the spot to examine the packet which was booked by a person from Meghalaya with a courier company and was being sent to a person in New Delhi.
On preliminary investigations, the forensic experts said that the materials were not explosives but were used in heaters for sealing purpose.
They took away the materials for further investigations in their laboratory.
Meanwhile, the police took into custody two employees of the courier company and the flight later left for its onward journey, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey