Suspicious packet creates panic, delays New Delhi-bound flight
Guwahati: A packet, suspected to be carrying explosives, recovered from the cargo section of a Guwahati-New Delhi Spice Jet aircraft, Saturday created panic and delayed the flight at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport at Borjhar here, police said.
Cargo handlers of SG-881, scheduled to leave here at 3:30 PM, found a suspicious-looking packet with wires and informed the CISF personnel posted at the airport who in turn handed over the packet to the police.
The police immediately informed forensic experts who rushed to the spot to examine the packet which was booked by a person from Meghalaya with a courier company and was being sent to a person in New Delhi.
On preliminary investigations, the forensic experts said that the materials were not explosives but were used in heaters for sealing purpose.
They took away the materials for further investigations in their laboratory.
Meanwhile, the police took into custody two employees of the courier company and the flight later left for its onward journey, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof