Suu Kyi to visit India next month
New Delhi: After nearly a gap of 40 years, Myanmar`s opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi will travel to India on November 13.
Suu Kyi, who will be in the country for nearly a week, will deliver the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture in here on November 14, official sources said here on Thursday.
They said she is also expected to travel out of Delhi during her visit but the exact itinerary was yet to be finalised.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had personally invited her to give the lecture when he met her in Yangon earlier this year. She was also given the Jawaharlal Nehru award for international understanding in 1992.
Suu Kyi had studied in New Delhi after her mother, Khin Kyi, was appointed Myanmar’s Ambassador to India in 1960.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam