Suu Kyi to visit India next month
New Delhi: After nearly a gap of 40 years, Myanmar`s opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi will travel to India on November 13.
Suu Kyi, who will be in the country for nearly a week, will deliver the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture in here on November 14, official sources said here on Thursday.
They said she is also expected to travel out of Delhi during her visit but the exact itinerary was yet to be finalised.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had personally invited her to give the lecture when he met her in Yangon earlier this year. She was also given the Jawaharlal Nehru award for international understanding in 1992.
Suu Kyi had studied in New Delhi after her mother, Khin Kyi, was appointed Myanmar’s Ambassador to India in 1960.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says