Swami Aseemanand accepts role in terror attacks
Ahmedabad: Swami Aseemanand, the head the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district, has reportedly confessed before a magistrate to his involvement in the February 2007 Samjhauta train blast.
Aseemanand was arrested on November 19, 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts, which all took place in the year 2007.
Aseemanand also revealed that his alleged right hand man, Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
Aseemanand also reportedly said that the Hindus are sitting quietly and that is not good.
Aseemanand spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
The Swami has also reportedly given graphic details of how Indresh and several others were working in tandem planning terror strikes.
Reports also added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, and thus is admissible as evidence, which now cannot be retracted.
Other witnesses, who have also recorded confessions under the same sections, further strengthen the case against Aseemanand and his accomplices.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has followed suit in its probe into the Samjhauta blasts case. NIA investigators have also recorded the statement of a witness, Bharat Bhai, under section 164 of the CrPC.
Bharat Bhai is also a witness in the Ajmer Blast case and there again his statement was recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy