Swami Aseemanand accepts role in terror attacks
Ahmedabad: Swami Aseemanand, the head the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district, has reportedly confessed before a magistrate to his involvement in the February 2007 Samjhauta train blast.
Aseemanand was arrested on November 19, 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts, which all took place in the year 2007.
Aseemanand also revealed that his alleged right hand man, Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
Aseemanand also reportedly said that the Hindus are sitting quietly and that is not good.
Aseemanand spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
The Swami has also reportedly given graphic details of how Indresh and several others were working in tandem planning terror strikes.
Reports also added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, and thus is admissible as evidence, which now cannot be retracted.
Other witnesses, who have also recorded confessions under the same sections, further strengthen the case against Aseemanand and his accomplices.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has followed suit in its probe into the Samjhauta blasts case. NIA investigators have also recorded the statement of a witness, Bharat Bhai, under section 164 of the CrPC.
Bharat Bhai is also a witness in the Ajmer Blast case and there again his statement was recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read