Swami Aseemanand accepts role in terror attacks
Ahmedabad: Swami Aseemanand, the head the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat`s Dangs district, has reportedly confessed before a magistrate to his involvement in the February 2007 Samjhauta train blast.
Aseemanand was arrested on November 19, 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts, which all took place in the year 2007.
Aseemanand also revealed that his alleged right hand man, Sunil Joshi, who was murdered in mysterious circumstances in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007, was behind the Malegaon bombing of September 2006.
“I told everyone that bomb must be responded with a bomb,” Aseemanand reportedly confessed.
Aseemanand also reportedly said that the Hindus are sitting quietly and that is not good.
Aseemanand spilled the beans on RSS leader Indresh’s alleged connections with terror acts.
The Swami has also reportedly given graphic details of how Indresh and several others were working in tandem planning terror strikes.
Reports also added that Aseemanand`s confession was made before the magistrate under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, and thus is admissible as evidence, which now cannot be retracted.
Other witnesses, who have also recorded confessions under the same sections, further strengthen the case against Aseemanand and his accomplices.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has followed suit in its probe into the Samjhauta blasts case. NIA investigators have also recorded the statement of a witness, Bharat Bhai, under section 164 of the CrPC.
Bharat Bhai is also a witness in the Ajmer Blast case and there again his statement was recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state