Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Swamy Asimanand, arrested by
the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Mecca Masjid blast
here in 2007, was on Saturday produced before a local court which
sent him in judicial remand till November 30.
He was flown in from Delhi and brought to Nampally
Criminal Court here amid tight security and produced before
the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
Asimanand (59) was arrested by the CBI yesterday in
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here
on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons dead.
CBI has filed a petition seeking his police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town