Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Swamy Asimanand, arrested by
the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Mecca Masjid blast
here in 2007, was on Saturday produced before a local court which
sent him in judicial remand till November 30.
He was flown in from Delhi and brought to Nampally
Criminal Court here amid tight security and produced before
the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
Asimanand (59) was arrested by the CBI yesterday in
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here
on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons dead.
CBI has filed a petition seeking his police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested