Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Swamy Asimanand, arrested by
the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Mecca Masjid blast
here in 2007, was on Saturday produced before a local court which
sent him in judicial remand till November 30.
He was flown in from Delhi and brought to Nampally
Criminal Court here amid tight security and produced before
the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
Asimanand (59) was arrested by the CBI yesterday in
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here
on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons dead.
CBI has filed a petition seeking his police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog