Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Swamy Asimanand, arrested by
the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Mecca Masjid blast
here in 2007, was on Saturday produced before a local court which
sent him in judicial remand till November 30.
He was flown in from Delhi and brought to Nampally
Criminal Court here amid tight security and produced before
the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
Asimanand (59) was arrested by the CBI yesterday in
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here
on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons dead.
CBI has filed a petition seeking his police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here