Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody
Hyderabad: Swamy Asimanand, arrested by
the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Mecca Masjid blast
here in 2007, was on Saturday produced before a local court which
sent him in judicial remand till November 30.
He was flown in from Delhi and brought to Nampally
Criminal Court here amid tight security and produced before
the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate.
Asimanand (59) was arrested by the CBI yesterday in
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here
on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons dead.
CBI has filed a petition seeking his police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery