Swami Nityananda performs self-purification rite
Bangalore: Self-styled godman Swami Nityananda, who was arrested on criminal charges, including rape, performed a self-purification rite by lighting fires all around him on Sunday after his release from jail.
Nityananda was released from Bangalore’s Ramanagara jail on Saturday after the Karnataka High Court granted bail to him.
Nityananda, who was granted bail on Friday has to furnish a Rs.100, 000 bond, give no public discourses, surrender his passport and report to the police once in a fortnight.
Earlier on June 8, the High Court had adjourned the bail application hearing of Nityananda till June 10.
Nityananda was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan District on April 21 after television channels aired alleged video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister