Swami Nityananda performs self-purification rite
Bangalore: Self-styled godman Swami Nityananda, who was arrested on criminal charges, including rape, performed a self-purification rite by lighting fires all around him on Sunday after his release from jail.
Nityananda was released from Bangalore’s Ramanagara jail on Saturday after the Karnataka High Court granted bail to him.
Nityananda, who was granted bail on Friday has to furnish a Rs.100, 000 bond, give no public discourses, surrender his passport and report to the police once in a fortnight.
Earlier on June 8, the High Court had adjourned the bail application hearing of Nityananda till June 10.
Nityananda was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan District on April 21 after television channels aired alleged video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’