Swami Nityananda performs self-purification rite
Bangalore: Self-styled godman Swami Nityananda, who was arrested on criminal charges, including rape, performed a self-purification rite by lighting fires all around him on Sunday after his release from jail.
Nityananda was released from Bangalore’s Ramanagara jail on Saturday after the Karnataka High Court granted bail to him.
Nityananda, who was granted bail on Friday has to furnish a Rs.100, 000 bond, give no public discourses, surrender his passport and report to the police once in a fortnight.
Earlier on June 8, the High Court had adjourned the bail application hearing of Nityananda till June 10.
Nityananda was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan District on April 21 after television channels aired alleged video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players