Swami Nityananda performs self-purification rite
Bangalore: Self-styled godman Swami Nityananda, who was arrested on criminal charges, including rape, performed a self-purification rite by lighting fires all around him on Sunday after his release from jail.
Nityananda was released from Bangalore’s Ramanagara jail on Saturday after the Karnataka High Court granted bail to him.
Nityananda, who was granted bail on Friday has to furnish a Rs.100, 000 bond, give no public discourses, surrender his passport and report to the police once in a fortnight.
Earlier on June 8, the High Court had adjourned the bail application hearing of Nityananda till June 10.
Nityananda was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan District on April 21 after television channels aired alleged video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma