Swamy against the use of EVMs in polls
Bhopal: Janata Party President
Subramanian Swamy today said he was against the use of
Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in elections as they can be
"Since there is a lot of scope for manipulating EVMs,
I am opposed to their use in elections," Swamy said while
interacting with journalists here.
"The micro-controllers used in the EVMs are imported
from Japan. Despite this, EVMs are not used there and ballot
papers are used in elections," the Janta Party chief said,
adding EVMs are not used even in countries like the USA,
England and Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists