Swamy demands India breaks ties with Pakistan
New Delhi: After Pakistan`s flip-flop on Sarabjit Singh`s release, Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today demanded that India break diplomatic ties with the neighbouring country.
Swamy said the entire incident of mixing up of names of Sarabjit Singh and Surjit Singh is "clearly pre-mediated, malafide and intended" to play with the sentiments of the people of India.
"Diplomatic relations are meant for preventing such miscommunications if genuine. But in this case the Pakistan Government has no excuse to explain the extraordinary delay in correcting that it is Surjeet Singh and not Sarabjit Singh, who is being released," he said in a statement.
Reports had emerged yesterday that Pakistan was to free Sarabjit Singh, but the Presidential spokesman in Islamabad last night clarified that authorities were working on the release of Surjeet Singh and not Sarabjit Singh.
Swamy alleged that Pakistan has been "playing fool" with the United States as well.
"The US can well afford to ignore these pranks of the Pakistan Government since they in the bargain have the required access to Pakistan to decimate Al-Qaida," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price