Swamy wants govt to give details of Chinese incursions
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday demanded that the government give details of incursions on the Line of Actual Control committed by Chinese Army in the last three years.
In a statement, he said this will enable a healthy debate on the state of Sino-Indian relations and what steps need to be taken to maintain peace in Ladakh region.
"I demand that the Ministry of External Affairs issue a white paper on all the incursions across the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh committed by the Chinese and also the incursions of the Indian Army alleged by the Chinese," Swamy said.
BJP MP Tarun Vijay demanded a special meeting of the MP to be briefed by the Foreign Secretary on Chinese incursions in the Ladakh sector.
He met the Chairman of the Parliamentary Forum on India China Friendship PC Chacko and urged him to immediately convene a meeting of MPs so that the real situation is explained to them on this `very serious` matter.
Vijay, a member of Parliamentary Consultative Committee on MEA and Parliamentary Group on India China Friendship, said he also spoke to Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
"It is surprising that just a month before the India visit of the new Chinese Prime Minister, such a grave violation of the mutually accepted norms to resolve disputes in a peaceful, non-aggressive manner has occurred," he said.
He also demanded that External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid make a suo moto statement in Parliament on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth