Swamy wants govt to give details of Chinese incursions
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday demanded that the government give details of incursions on the Line of Actual Control committed by Chinese Army in the last three years.
In a statement, he said this will enable a healthy debate on the state of Sino-Indian relations and what steps need to be taken to maintain peace in Ladakh region.
"I demand that the Ministry of External Affairs issue a white paper on all the incursions across the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh committed by the Chinese and also the incursions of the Indian Army alleged by the Chinese," Swamy said.
BJP MP Tarun Vijay demanded a special meeting of the MP to be briefed by the Foreign Secretary on Chinese incursions in the Ladakh sector.
He met the Chairman of the Parliamentary Forum on India China Friendship PC Chacko and urged him to immediately convene a meeting of MPs so that the real situation is explained to them on this `very serious` matter.
Vijay, a member of Parliamentary Consultative Committee on MEA and Parliamentary Group on India China Friendship, said he also spoke to Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
"It is surprising that just a month before the India visit of the new Chinese Prime Minister, such a grave violation of the mutually accepted norms to resolve disputes in a peaceful, non-aggressive manner has occurred," he said.
He also demanded that External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid make a suo moto statement in Parliament on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise