Swamy`s charges against Sonia, Rahul a pack of lies: Mani Shankar Aiyar
Nagapattinam: Former Union Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar on Thursday said Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi on the now defunct National Herald newspaper issue were a `pack of lies` and `utterly false`.
Speaking to reporters after participating in a function at his constituency Mayiladuthurai, he said Swamy was in the habit of levelling charges at others, "most of which turn out to be false."
"The allegations against Sonia and Rahul are utterly false and baseless. Their hands are clean," he said.
On November 1, Swamy had targeted Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and raised questions over acquisition of a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga
- Doha airport brings in passenger tax
- Jason Gillespie to leave Yorkshire at end of season
- Myanmar holds unique position in India's neighbourhood, says PM Narendra Modi
- Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal out for a month with fractured finger, to miss ODI series vs Afghanistan