Swamy`s charges against Sonia, Rahul a pack of lies: Mani Shankar Aiyar
Nagapattinam: Former Union Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar on Thursday said Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi on the now defunct National Herald newspaper issue were a `pack of lies` and `utterly false`.
Speaking to reporters after participating in a function at his constituency Mayiladuthurai, he said Swamy was in the habit of levelling charges at others, "most of which turn out to be false."
"The allegations against Sonia and Rahul are utterly false and baseless. Their hands are clean," he said.
On November 1, Swamy had targeted Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and raised questions over acquisition of a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America