Swamy`s charges against Sonia, Rahul a pack of lies: Mani Shankar Aiyar
Nagapattinam: Former Union Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar on Thursday said Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy`s charges against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi on the now defunct National Herald newspaper issue were a `pack of lies` and `utterly false`.
Speaking to reporters after participating in a function at his constituency Mayiladuthurai, he said Swamy was in the habit of levelling charges at others, "most of which turn out to be false."
"The allegations against Sonia and Rahul are utterly false and baseless. Their hands are clean," he said.
On November 1, Swamy had targeted Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and raised questions over acquisition of a company that published the now-defunct National Herald newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note