Swaraj plays down row over Reddy brothers
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday sought to play down the row over inclusion of Reddy
brothers in Yedduyurappa government in Karnataka and blamed
the media for the controversy.
"Once the Karnataka Chief Minister and party`s former
president Rajnath Singh made statements on the issue, there is
nothing for me to talk. The issue has been resolved," Sushma
Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told media before
leaving for Karimnagar where she would address a pro-Telangana
public meeting organised by the state party.
Saying that there were no differences between her and
senior leader Arun Jaitely, she alleged that it was media that
hyped the issue.
When asked about the Lokpal bill, Swaraj said she would
need to study the draft of the bill first but stated that
Atal Bihari Vajpayee had favoured bringing Prime Minister
under the ambit of Lokpal.
Referring to the demand for separate Telangana, Leader of
the Opposition said the NDA would support the bill for
formation of Telangana state if it is moved in the next
session of parliament.
Meanwhile, a protocol row cropped up as the state
government officials had not made any arrangement for her
visit to Hyderabad and she expressed regret over the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands