Swaraj plays down row over Reddy brothers
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday sought to play down the row over inclusion of Reddy
brothers in Yedduyurappa government in Karnataka and blamed
the media for the controversy.
"Once the Karnataka Chief Minister and party`s former
president Rajnath Singh made statements on the issue, there is
nothing for me to talk. The issue has been resolved," Sushma
Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told media before
leaving for Karimnagar where she would address a pro-Telangana
public meeting organised by the state party.
Saying that there were no differences between her and
senior leader Arun Jaitely, she alleged that it was media that
hyped the issue.
When asked about the Lokpal bill, Swaraj said she would
need to study the draft of the bill first but stated that
Atal Bihari Vajpayee had favoured bringing Prime Minister
under the ambit of Lokpal.
Referring to the demand for separate Telangana, Leader of
the Opposition said the NDA would support the bill for
formation of Telangana state if it is moved in the next
session of parliament.
Meanwhile, a protocol row cropped up as the state
government officials had not made any arrangement for her
visit to Hyderabad and she expressed regret over the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3