Swaraj plays down row over Reddy brothers
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday sought to play down the row over inclusion of Reddy
brothers in Yedduyurappa government in Karnataka and blamed
the media for the controversy.
"Once the Karnataka Chief Minister and party`s former
president Rajnath Singh made statements on the issue, there is
nothing for me to talk. The issue has been resolved," Sushma
Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told media before
leaving for Karimnagar where she would address a pro-Telangana
public meeting organised by the state party.
Saying that there were no differences between her and
senior leader Arun Jaitely, she alleged that it was media that
hyped the issue.
When asked about the Lokpal bill, Swaraj said she would
need to study the draft of the bill first but stated that
Atal Bihari Vajpayee had favoured bringing Prime Minister
under the ambit of Lokpal.
Referring to the demand for separate Telangana, Leader of
the Opposition said the NDA would support the bill for
formation of Telangana state if it is moved in the next
session of parliament.
Meanwhile, a protocol row cropped up as the state
government officials had not made any arrangement for her
visit to Hyderabad and she expressed regret over the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday