Swine flu claims 110 lives in one week
New Delhi: The prolonged monsoon seems to
have aggravated swine flu cases with 110 people succumbing to
the disease across the country in the week gone by.
While 42 deaths were reported from Maharashtra, the
capital reported 10 deaths in the week ending September 19.
Two deaths each were reported from Haryana, Andhra
Pradesh, Kerala, Uttarakhand and Puducherry.
Madhya Pradesh reported 14 cases, Gujarat 29 and Uttar
A total of 2,427 people have lost their lives to swine
flu from May last year.
Till date, samples from 1,83,027 persons have been
tested for Influenza A H1N1 in government laboratories and a
few private laboratories across the country and 43,283 (23.64
per cent) of them have been found positive.
All 1,038 cases reported during the week are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’