Swine flu claims 110 lives in one week
New Delhi: The prolonged monsoon seems to
have aggravated swine flu cases with 110 people succumbing to
the disease across the country in the week gone by.
While 42 deaths were reported from Maharashtra, the
capital reported 10 deaths in the week ending September 19.
Two deaths each were reported from Haryana, Andhra
Pradesh, Kerala, Uttarakhand and Puducherry.
Madhya Pradesh reported 14 cases, Gujarat 29 and Uttar
A total of 2,427 people have lost their lives to swine
flu from May last year.
Till date, samples from 1,83,027 persons have been
tested for Influenza A H1N1 in government laboratories and a
few private laboratories across the country and 43,283 (23.64
per cent) of them have been found positive.
All 1,038 cases reported during the week are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?