Swiss tourist’s gang-rape: Victims partner recognises his belongings
Datia/Bhopal: The partner of the 39-year-old Swiss woman tourist, gangraped in Datia district last week, today recognised his belongings looted by the six accused arrested in connection with the crime.
"The victim`s partner arrived alone in Datia this evening and was asked to recognise only his belongings and not the accused in the presence of Basai Tehsildar Deepak Kumar Shukla", Deputy Inspector General of Police (Chambal Range), D K Arya said.
He said the man recognised his laptop, laptop-charger and mobile phone which police had seized from the accused.
Meanwhile, a local court today remanded the six persons, four of them accused of rape, in judicial custody for 15 days.
Except Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar, rest of the accused -- Baba, Bhutha, Rampro and Gaza alias Brajesh were charged for gang-rape.
Police have also recovered from the accused, all aged between 19 and 25 years, cash of Rs 5,500 which they allegedly looted from the couple on the night of March 15, besides a 12-bore gun.
The four have admitted of raping the Swiss woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video