Swiss tourist’s gang-rape: Victims partner recognises his belongings
Datia/Bhopal: The partner of the 39-year-old Swiss woman tourist, gangraped in Datia district last week, today recognised his belongings looted by the six accused arrested in connection with the crime.
"The victim`s partner arrived alone in Datia this evening and was asked to recognise only his belongings and not the accused in the presence of Basai Tehsildar Deepak Kumar Shukla", Deputy Inspector General of Police (Chambal Range), D K Arya said.
He said the man recognised his laptop, laptop-charger and mobile phone which police had seized from the accused.
Meanwhile, a local court today remanded the six persons, four of them accused of rape, in judicial custody for 15 days.
Except Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar, rest of the accused -- Baba, Bhutha, Rampro and Gaza alias Brajesh were charged for gang-rape.
Police have also recovered from the accused, all aged between 19 and 25 years, cash of Rs 5,500 which they allegedly looted from the couple on the night of March 15, besides a 12-bore gun.
The four have admitted of raping the Swiss woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?