Swiss woman gang-rape: Cops to rely more on forensic evidence
Bhopal/Datia: In order to prove the charges against the accused in the March 15 Swiss woman gang-rape case, police said they would count more on the scientific evidence than traditional methods like identification parade.
The trial in the gang-rape case will begin on Saturday in the court of Special Additional District Judge (ADJ), Jitendra Kumar Sharma.
"We will rely more on scientific evidence like DNA finger-printing, samples of hair and vaginal swab collected and examined in the case to nail the culprits in the court of law," Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Chambal Range, D K Arya said.
Police were unable to conduct the test identification parade (TIP) of the accused as the victim was of the opinion that it was not possible to recognise them as the incident had taken place in the dark, police sources said.
"However, this would not weaken our case as we have also seized the victim`s laptop, laptop-charger and mobile phone from the six arrested accused in this case and all these things were recognised by her (victim`s) partner," Arya said, adding that all these things would act as a strong evidence to nail the accused in the case.
The arrested accused were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar, police said.
Except Nitin and Vishnu Kanjar, all others have been charged with gang-rape.
The investigation officer, N S Rawat in-charge of women`s cell, has filed a hundred page chargesheet on March 26 against the accused under various sections of gang-rape and robbery.
Like other rape cases, the trial in this case too is likely to be held in a fast-track manner, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'