Symbolic funerals for missing victims of Uttarakhand floods in MP
Indore: Having lost all hopes of retrieving the bodies of near-and-dear ones who died in flash-floods in Uttarakhand, "symbolic funerals" are being conducted at many places in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
The relatives of BJP`s Indore Division`s General Secretary, Bhagwan Singh (45) conducted symbolic funerals for him, his wife Sugan Bai (40) and their close relative Roopsingh (70) by burning wheat flour effigies at Jhalaria village.
Singh, his wife and Roopsingh were on pilgrimage to Kedarnath. Their whereabouts in the aftermath of devastating floods and landslides in the northern state are not known.
Similar rites were conducted at Ujjain district`s Hasampur village for Bhartiya Kisan Sangh Malwa Prant president Indersingh Solanki (60) and his wife Leelabai (55).
Solanki and his wife too were in Kedarnath region when the disaster struck and they are presumed to be dead.
At neighbouring Dewas district`s Chandana village, symbolic funeral of 50-year-old Devkunwar Bai was conducted. Her death was confirmed, but the body was not received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III