T R Baalu`s son gets pre-arrest bail from HC
Chennai: Madras High Court today granted conditional anticipatory bail to former Union minister and senior DMK leader T R Baalu`s son T R B Raja, who apprehended arrest in a case related to a clash during the electioneering for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
Holding a special sitting at his residence in view of court holiday, Justice A Arumugaswamy directed Raja to furnish a personal bail bond for Rs 10,000 and two more sureties to the satisfaction of Judicial Magistrate in Mannargudi and appear before the Judicial Magistrate-I in Tiruchirappalli every day till April 23.
The anticipatory bail application was urgently taken up as per the direction of Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri.
According to prosecution, Raja has allegedly plucked out a flag post of AIADMK and replaced it with a DMK post, leading to a wordy duel with women cadre of AIADMK and a clash with them and his supporters.
Vadugur Police in Thanjavur District recently filed a case against Raja on a complaint by a woman worker of AIADMK under Women Harassment Act and IPC.
Baalu is seeking election to Lok Sabha from Thanjavur constituency in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda