T R Baalu`s son gets pre-arrest bail from HC
Chennai: Madras High Court today granted conditional anticipatory bail to former Union minister and senior DMK leader T R Baalu`s son T R B Raja, who apprehended arrest in a case related to a clash during the electioneering for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
Holding a special sitting at his residence in view of court holiday, Justice A Arumugaswamy directed Raja to furnish a personal bail bond for Rs 10,000 and two more sureties to the satisfaction of Judicial Magistrate in Mannargudi and appear before the Judicial Magistrate-I in Tiruchirappalli every day till April 23.
The anticipatory bail application was urgently taken up as per the direction of Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri.
According to prosecution, Raja has allegedly plucked out a flag post of AIADMK and replaced it with a DMK post, leading to a wordy duel with women cadre of AIADMK and a clash with them and his supporters.
Vadugur Police in Thanjavur District recently filed a case against Raja on a complaint by a woman worker of AIADMK under Women Harassment Act and IPC.
Baalu is seeking election to Lok Sabha from Thanjavur constituency in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference