T R Baalu`s son gets pre-arrest bail from HC
Chennai: Madras High Court today granted conditional anticipatory bail to former Union minister and senior DMK leader T R Baalu`s son T R B Raja, who apprehended arrest in a case related to a clash during the electioneering for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
Holding a special sitting at his residence in view of court holiday, Justice A Arumugaswamy directed Raja to furnish a personal bail bond for Rs 10,000 and two more sureties to the satisfaction of Judicial Magistrate in Mannargudi and appear before the Judicial Magistrate-I in Tiruchirappalli every day till April 23.
The anticipatory bail application was urgently taken up as per the direction of Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri.
According to prosecution, Raja has allegedly plucked out a flag post of AIADMK and replaced it with a DMK post, leading to a wordy duel with women cadre of AIADMK and a clash with them and his supporters.
Vadugur Police in Thanjavur District recently filed a case against Raja on a complaint by a woman worker of AIADMK under Women Harassment Act and IPC.
Baalu is seeking election to Lok Sabha from Thanjavur constituency in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list