Tackling child labour will be priority: Ola
New Delhi: Tackling child labour issues will be a priority, Shish Ram Ola, who has taken over as new Labour and Employment Minister, said here on Tuesday.
Ola said he will soon have a meeting with senior officers in the ministry to chalk out priorities as per the need.
Emphasis will also be on imparting skill development with avenues of employment, Ola said at his Shram Shakti Bhawan office.
86-year-old Ola is a Lok Sabha member from Jhunjhnu constituency of Rajasthan.
He was inducted into the Cabinet in yesterday`s reshuffle.
The Jat leader has handled this portfolio earlier from May 23, 2004 to November 27, 2004 during the UPA-I tenure.
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead