Tackling child labour will be priority: Ola
New Delhi: Tackling child labour issues will be a priority, Shish Ram Ola, who has taken over as new Labour and Employment Minister, said here on Tuesday.
Ola said he will soon have a meeting with senior officers in the ministry to chalk out priorities as per the need.
Emphasis will also be on imparting skill development with avenues of employment, Ola said at his Shram Shakti Bhawan office.
86-year-old Ola is a Lok Sabha member from Jhunjhnu constituency of Rajasthan.
He was inducted into the Cabinet in yesterday`s reshuffle.
The Jat leader has handled this portfolio earlier from May 23, 2004 to November 27, 2004 during the UPA-I tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy