Taj Mahal, Red Fort owe CISF Rs 6.5 cr for security: Govt
New Delhi: World Heritage sites like Taj
Mahal and Red Fort owe an outstanding amount of more than Rs
six and a half crore to the Central government for security
related expenditure, official figures state.
"An amount of Rs 322.65 crore is outstanding against
user PSUs and other organisations towards cost of deployment
of CISF as on March 31 this year," Union Minister of state for
Home Affairs Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha today.
While the Taj Mahal owes Rs 437.07 lakh to the Central
Industrial Security Force, the Red Fort owes it Rs 215.47 lakh
for the security cover provided.
Both the heritage monuments have an approximate
deployment of around 250 CISF personnel each.
During last three years an amount of Rs 1342.45 crore
(2007-08), Rs 2114.45 crore (2008-09) and Rs 3014.98 crore
(2009-10) has been received from PSUs and other organisations
towards deployment cost of CISF, Maken said.
Among other dues, large and `sensitive` airports like
the Indira Gandhi International airport in New Delhi has an
outstanding due of Rs 330.63 lakh, while the Mumbai airport
has has to pay Rs 124.03 lakh till March 2010.
Among the steps taken to recover the outstanding
amounts, Maken said, "Monthly position of outstanding dues
against each PSU is worked out and intimated to each unit
commander to enable him to liase with the respective
management for expeditious clearance of dues."
"Senior CISF officers while on inspection to units always
discuss the status of the outstanding dues with the management
and the matter is taken up regularly with administrative
ministries of the PSUs concerned for early clearance of
outstanding amount," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi