Taj Mahal voted most popular Asian destination
New Delhi: Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is grand winner of the voter`s choice for most popular Asian destination.
The announcement in this regard was made by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) at the Asian Attractions Awards ceremony held during Asian Attractions Expo (AAE) 2010 in Kuala Lumpur.
Asian attractions were promoted throughout May and June on Star TV Network, a subsidiary of Fox International, which has 80 million cable subscribers in Asia.
The awards were broken into six categories, and a total of 94,099 votes cast by the public through the AAA website and social media outlets, determined the winners.
While the Taj Mahal was declared the Grand Winner, it was followed by Large Attraction (Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore), Medium Attraction (Sunway Lagoon, Malaysia), Small Attraction (Sentosa 4D Magix, Singapore), Waterpark (Sunway Lagoon, Malaysia), Wildlife Park (Night Safari, Singapore), and Theme Park (Universal Studios Japan, Japan).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'