Take a call on continuing with NDA: NCP to Nitish
Patna: UPA ally NCP on Sunday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take a call on his party JD(U)`s continuation in NDA as it felt that projection of Narendra Modi as BJP`s national face in the run up to the next general election was a "near certainty".
"It is time that Kumar must take a call on continuing ties with the BJP-led NDA amid near certainty that Modi will be the saffron party`s national face in the run up to the next general elections," NCP national general secretary Tariq Anwar said.
"Time has come for the Bihar Chief Minister to deliver on his promise to severe ties with the BJP and NDA if his Gujarat counterpart is projected as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate," he said referring to the Modi`s rising graph in the main opposition ranks.
The people of Bihar looked upto Kumar to clear the air about his party`s association with the BJP vis-a-vis Modi`s projection as a national leader by the BJP leadership, Anwar said and extorted the former to take a call at the earliest "to live upto his credentials as a secular leader".
The NCP leader said that the Telegu Desham Party (TDP) chief N. Chandrababu Naidu too was faced with similar predicament and he should also make his position clear about association with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway