Take a call on continuing with NDA: NCP to Nitish
Patna: UPA ally NCP on Sunday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take a call on his party JD(U)`s continuation in NDA as it felt that projection of Narendra Modi as BJP`s national face in the run up to the next general election was a "near certainty".
"It is time that Kumar must take a call on continuing ties with the BJP-led NDA amid near certainty that Modi will be the saffron party`s national face in the run up to the next general elections," NCP national general secretary Tariq Anwar said.
"Time has come for the Bihar Chief Minister to deliver on his promise to severe ties with the BJP and NDA if his Gujarat counterpart is projected as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate," he said referring to the Modi`s rising graph in the main opposition ranks.
The people of Bihar looked upto Kumar to clear the air about his party`s association with the BJP vis-a-vis Modi`s projection as a national leader by the BJP leadership, Anwar said and extorted the former to take a call at the earliest "to live upto his credentials as a secular leader".
The NCP leader said that the Telegu Desham Party (TDP) chief N. Chandrababu Naidu too was faced with similar predicament and he should also make his position clear about association with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof