Take action against Bhagana rape accused: Arvind Kejriwal to Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday wrote a letter to Congress leader Sonia Gandhi asking her to direct the Haryana Government to take action against the accused in Bhagana rape case.
In his two page-letter, Kejriwal said that on March 23 this year, four Dalit women were allegedly abducted and gang-raped by some persons for two days, adding that no action, however, has been taken against these accused by the state government.
"Victims along with their family members have been sitting on dharna at Jantar Mantar of Delhi since April 16, 2014. Victims have also requested CM of the state several times, but no arrest has been made so far," he said in the letter.
The former Delhi Chief Minister has asked Sonia Gandhi to direct her party`s state government to refer the case to the CBI and arrest accused as soon as possible.
Kejriwal also asked Gandhi to ensure the rehabilitation of victims and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation