Take action against Bhagana rape accused: Arvind Kejriwal to Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday wrote a letter to Congress leader Sonia Gandhi asking her to direct the Haryana Government to take action against the accused in Bhagana rape case.
In his two page-letter, Kejriwal said that on March 23 this year, four Dalit women were allegedly abducted and gang-raped by some persons for two days, adding that no action, however, has been taken against these accused by the state government.
"Victims along with their family members have been sitting on dharna at Jantar Mantar of Delhi since April 16, 2014. Victims have also requested CM of the state several times, but no arrest has been made so far," he said in the letter.
The former Delhi Chief Minister has asked Sonia Gandhi to direct her party`s state government to refer the case to the CBI and arrest accused as soon as possible.
Kejriwal also asked Gandhi to ensure the rehabilitation of victims and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito