Take action against Bhagana rape accused: Arvind Kejriwal to Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday wrote a letter to Congress leader Sonia Gandhi asking her to direct the Haryana Government to take action against the accused in Bhagana rape case.
In his two page-letter, Kejriwal said that on March 23 this year, four Dalit women were allegedly abducted and gang-raped by some persons for two days, adding that no action, however, has been taken against these accused by the state government.
"Victims along with their family members have been sitting on dharna at Jantar Mantar of Delhi since April 16, 2014. Victims have also requested CM of the state several times, but no arrest has been made so far," he said in the letter.
The former Delhi Chief Minister has asked Sonia Gandhi to direct her party`s state government to refer the case to the CBI and arrest accused as soon as possible.
Kejriwal also asked Gandhi to ensure the rehabilitation of victims and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore