Take action against Bhagana rape accused: Arvind Kejriwal to Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national chief Arvind Kejriwal on Friday wrote a letter to Congress leader Sonia Gandhi asking her to direct the Haryana Government to take action against the accused in Bhagana rape case.
In his two page-letter, Kejriwal said that on March 23 this year, four Dalit women were allegedly abducted and gang-raped by some persons for two days, adding that no action, however, has been taken against these accused by the state government.
"Victims along with their family members have been sitting on dharna at Jantar Mantar of Delhi since April 16, 2014. Victims have also requested CM of the state several times, but no arrest has been made so far," he said in the letter.
The former Delhi Chief Minister has asked Sonia Gandhi to direct her party`s state government to refer the case to the CBI and arrest accused as soon as possible.
Kejriwal also asked Gandhi to ensure the rehabilitation of victims and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet