Take note of the pain from some sections of society in J&K: Sonia
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday expressed satisfaction over "remarkable progress" made in Jammu and Kashmir in the last few years but emphasized the need to "take note of the cry of pain and anguish" emanating from some sections of the society in the state.
Addressing a meeting of the Congress Parliamentary party, Gandhi said economic development has gathered pace in the state and a number of popular training and placement programmes have been started.
Rahul Gandhi had taken a delegation of industrialists to the Valley some time ago vowing to resolve the problem of unemployment in the state.
"In Jammu and Kashmir, we have made remarkable progress in the last few years under the leadership and personal interest taken by our Prime Minister...The launch of rail services in the Valley is an example of how much infrastructure and connectivity have expanded...Tourism has been flourishing," Gandhi said.
The Congress president noted that a more trusting atmosphere had been in the making until it was interrupted by certain incidents and the terrorist attack on a CRPF camp in Srinagar.
"Yet, we should take note of the cry of pain and anguish emanating from some sections of society there. We will continue to work for peace and normalcy and development in all regions of the state in right earnest," Gandhi said.
Extending her heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the recent terror strikes in Srinagar and Hyderabad, she said these incidents show that "we simply cannot lower our vigil".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!