Take reasoned decision: TDP MPs from Seemandhra to Prez
New Delhi: Four TDP MPs from Seemandhra region on Friday appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to take a "reasoned decision" on Centre`s move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh alleging "mischief and political conspiracy" behind the process.
In a representation to the President, they regretted that the practice of obtaining specific mandate of the state legislature regarding the division of the state was being given a "go bye".
The move is being done in the "most dictatorial fashion" by the Congress party and the Centre, they said, charging that "there is mischief and political conspiracy behind this process".
They appealed to Mukherjee to "use your statesmanship and wisdom in ensuring that democratic values of the Constitution of India are addressed".
The representation was signed by TDP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha YS Chowdary, Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh and Lok Sabha members K Narayana Rao and N Siva Prasad.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day