Take reasoned decision: TDP MPs from Seemandhra to Prez
New Delhi: Four TDP MPs from Seemandhra region on Friday appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to take a "reasoned decision" on Centre`s move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh alleging "mischief and political conspiracy" behind the process.
In a representation to the President, they regretted that the practice of obtaining specific mandate of the state legislature regarding the division of the state was being given a "go bye".
The move is being done in the "most dictatorial fashion" by the Congress party and the Centre, they said, charging that "there is mischief and political conspiracy behind this process".
They appealed to Mukherjee to "use your statesmanship and wisdom in ensuring that democratic values of the Constitution of India are addressed".
The representation was signed by TDP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha YS Chowdary, Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh and Lok Sabha members K Narayana Rao and N Siva Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!