Take reasoned decision: TDP MPs from Seemandhra to Prez
New Delhi: Four TDP MPs from Seemandhra region on Friday appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to take a "reasoned decision" on Centre`s move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh alleging "mischief and political conspiracy" behind the process.
In a representation to the President, they regretted that the practice of obtaining specific mandate of the state legislature regarding the division of the state was being given a "go bye".
The move is being done in the "most dictatorial fashion" by the Congress party and the Centre, they said, charging that "there is mischief and political conspiracy behind this process".
They appealed to Mukherjee to "use your statesmanship and wisdom in ensuring that democratic values of the Constitution of India are addressed".
The representation was signed by TDP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha YS Chowdary, Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh and Lok Sabha members K Narayana Rao and N Siva Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them