Take reasoned decision: TDP MPs from Seemandhra to Prez
New Delhi: Four TDP MPs from Seemandhra region on Friday appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to take a "reasoned decision" on Centre`s move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh alleging "mischief and political conspiracy" behind the process.
In a representation to the President, they regretted that the practice of obtaining specific mandate of the state legislature regarding the division of the state was being given a "go bye".
The move is being done in the "most dictatorial fashion" by the Congress party and the Centre, they said, charging that "there is mischief and political conspiracy behind this process".
They appealed to Mukherjee to "use your statesmanship and wisdom in ensuring that democratic values of the Constitution of India are addressed".
The representation was signed by TDP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha YS Chowdary, Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh and Lok Sabha members K Narayana Rao and N Siva Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi