Take up incursion issue strongly with Pak, China: Omar to Centre
Jammu: Criticising the Centre for "different treatment" toward two neighbouring countries- Pakistan and China over the incursion issue, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said India should take up the issue strongly with both countries to prevent such incidents.
"If Pakistan had intruded 10 to 15 kms inside the Indian Territory we would have raised lot of hue and cry. We would have severed cricketing ties with the neighbouring country, stopped playing football, and suspended the peace talks, trade ties," Omar told a public rally in Kathua district.
But when it comes to China, Omar said, "We are not adopting tough posturing. We are trying to resolve the issue by sitting across the table. There is calm as if nothing has happened."
The Centre`s dealing on such issues should be unambiguous and similar vis-a-vis both the neighbours, he said.
"We would like the Central government to take up this issue with both China and Pakistan strongly and on same terms so that no such incident takes place in future", Omar said.
On treating Pakistan differently on the issue, he said, "We would have threatened them (Pak) to vacate our land else we would not talk to you --we will not do trade with you--we will do nothing with you. I failed to understand why there is different treatment to two separate neighbours."
Omar also urged the Union Government to give clear message to China on incursion issue, adding, that this kind of situations have always put the people who live in frontier areas under difficulties besides hampering the development process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why