Taking steps to respond China`s buildup: Antony
New Delhi: Noting that government is closely
watching the infrastructure development by China in the border
regions, government on Monday told the Lok Sabha that required
measures are being undertaken to upgrade India`s defence
capability and preparedness in these areas.
"Government is closely watching all developments on the
borders and reviews the threat perception regularly. Required
measures are being undertaken to upgrade our capabilities to
achieve the desired defence preparedness to safeguard
sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India,"
Defence Minister A K Antony said.
Antony was replying to a question on Chinese
infrastructure build-up and modernization activities in border
areas. The question was raised by more than 32 Members of
"As there is no commonly delineated Line of Actual
Control (LAC) between India and China, there are a few areas
along the border where India and China have different
perceptions of LAC. Both sides patrol upto their respective
perception of LAC due to perceived difference in its
alignment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!