Taking steps to respond China`s buildup: Antony
New Delhi: Noting that government is closely
watching the infrastructure development by China in the border
regions, government on Monday told the Lok Sabha that required
measures are being undertaken to upgrade India`s defence
capability and preparedness in these areas.
"Government is closely watching all developments on the
borders and reviews the threat perception regularly. Required
measures are being undertaken to upgrade our capabilities to
achieve the desired defence preparedness to safeguard
sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India,"
Defence Minister A K Antony said.
Antony was replying to a question on Chinese
infrastructure build-up and modernization activities in border
areas. The question was raised by more than 32 Members of
"As there is no commonly delineated Line of Actual
Control (LAC) between India and China, there are a few areas
along the border where India and China have different
perceptions of LAC. Both sides patrol upto their respective
perception of LAC due to perceived difference in its
alignment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!