Taking to streets won`t solve people`s problems: Gen VK Singh
Shirdi: Former Army chief General VK Singh on Thursday criticised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal here, saying that people`s problems can not be solved by taking to the streets everytime.
General Singh and his wife today visited the Saibaba temple here.
When asked about Kejriwal government, Singh told reporters :"If you take to the street, what good that will do to the people?"
He added that things change when one enters into politics, and that is why Anna Hazare, Kejriwal`s mentor, had advised against forming a political party.
He also said that noted Hazare had framed a 17-point program and sought support of the political parties to the same.
Singh said that Hazare told him in their meeting yesterday that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had replied to Hazare`s letter and supported the program.
When asked whether Third Front was feasible, he said no work can get done if 15 different parties are involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead