Taking to streets won`t solve people`s problems: Gen VK Singh
Shirdi: Former Army chief General VK Singh on Thursday criticised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal here, saying that people`s problems can not be solved by taking to the streets everytime.
General Singh and his wife today visited the Saibaba temple here.
When asked about Kejriwal government, Singh told reporters :"If you take to the street, what good that will do to the people?"
He added that things change when one enters into politics, and that is why Anna Hazare, Kejriwal`s mentor, had advised against forming a political party.
He also said that noted Hazare had framed a 17-point program and sought support of the political parties to the same.
Singh said that Hazare told him in their meeting yesterday that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had replied to Hazare`s letter and supported the program.
When asked whether Third Front was feasible, he said no work can get done if 15 different parties are involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!