Talk to Pak`s highest authorities, continue dialogue: Karat
Kolkata: The Indian government should take up the killing of two Indian soldiers with the highest authorities in Pakistan, while the dialogue between the two neighbours should remain uninterrupted, the CPI(M) said on Saturday.
"We have already condemned the incident. We have expressed our concern at the ongoing tension on the line of control," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said at the end of three day central committee meeting here.
"We have urged the Indian government to take up the matter with the Pakistani authorities at the highest level so that violations of the ceasefire don`t recur," Karat told reporters.
"But at the same time we want the dialogue process with Pakistan to continue. We do not want any curb on the people to people relation between the two the countries," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections