Talk to Pak`s highest authorities, continue dialogue: Karat
Kolkata: The Indian government should take up the killing of two Indian soldiers with the highest authorities in Pakistan, while the dialogue between the two neighbours should remain uninterrupted, the CPI(M) said on Saturday.
"We have already condemned the incident. We have expressed our concern at the ongoing tension on the line of control," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said at the end of three day central committee meeting here.
"We have urged the Indian government to take up the matter with the Pakistani authorities at the highest level so that violations of the ceasefire don`t recur," Karat told reporters.
"But at the same time we want the dialogue process with Pakistan to continue. We do not want any curb on the people to people relation between the two the countries," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price