Talk to Pak`s highest authorities, continue dialogue: Karat
Kolkata: The Indian government should take up the killing of two Indian soldiers with the highest authorities in Pakistan, while the dialogue between the two neighbours should remain uninterrupted, the CPI(M) said on Saturday.
"We have already condemned the incident. We have expressed our concern at the ongoing tension on the line of control," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said at the end of three day central committee meeting here.
"We have urged the Indian government to take up the matter with the Pakistani authorities at the highest level so that violations of the ceasefire don`t recur," Karat told reporters.
"But at the same time we want the dialogue process with Pakistan to continue. We do not want any curb on the people to people relation between the two the countries," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'