Talkathon for Hazare : 17 TV interviews in 11 hour
Ralegan Siddhi (Maha): It was a
for Anna Hazare the whole day on Tuesday.
Hazare spoke for about 11 hours giving interviews to
17 TV channels, his first interviews after his 12-day fast in
the capital demanding a strong Lokpal Bill last month.
Hazare, who reached here in early September after
spending four days in hospital after his fast, had refrained
from interacting with media till yesterday though he made
public appearances in the sprawling compound of the Padmavati
Devi temple trust hostel where he is staying now.
He also chaired the two-day meeting of his anti-
corruption movement core group committee on September 10-11.
"It was decided to give time slots to 17 TV channels
yesterday. Though tired, Anna kept his word and obliged all
channels talking continuously since early morning to night in
a marathon interview session lasting about 11 hours," said one
of his close aides.
The interview sessions also witnessed "skirmishes"
between TV crew as they could not agree to sequence and timing
of the interaction, leading to heated exchanges when the
embargo decided upon were jumped by some channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini