Talkathon for Hazare : 17 TV interviews in 11 hour
Ralegan Siddhi (Maha): It was a
for Anna Hazare the whole day on Tuesday.
Hazare spoke for about 11 hours giving interviews to
17 TV channels, his first interviews after his 12-day fast in
the capital demanding a strong Lokpal Bill last month.
Hazare, who reached here in early September after
spending four days in hospital after his fast, had refrained
from interacting with media till yesterday though he made
public appearances in the sprawling compound of the Padmavati
Devi temple trust hostel where he is staying now.
He also chaired the two-day meeting of his anti-
corruption movement core group committee on September 10-11.
"It was decided to give time slots to 17 TV channels
yesterday. Though tired, Anna kept his word and obliged all
channels talking continuously since early morning to night in
a marathon interview session lasting about 11 hours," said one
of his close aides.
The interview sessions also witnessed "skirmishes"
between TV crew as they could not agree to sequence and timing
of the interaction, leading to heated exchanges when the
embargo decided upon were jumped by some channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video