Talks and terror can`t go hand in hand: BJP
Kolkata: Talks with Pakistan and terror cannot go together and as long as Pakistan continues to aid and fund terrorists, there should not be any meaningful talks with the neighbour, the BJP on Friday said.
"Regarding Pakistan our stand is very clear: as long as Pakistan continues to aid and fund terrorists there should not be any meaningful talks with the country. Talks and terror cannot go together," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told a press meet here.
Naidu reminisced on how the BJP-led NDA government had forced then Pakistan president Pervez Musharaff to make a statement that the Pakistani soil won`t be used to train terrorists.
Naidu said that the approach of the central government should be to make Pakistan walk the talk.
On national politics, Naidu said that the mood of the country was such that it wants to see the BJP in the seat of power and added "the anti-incumbency against the Congress is just like the anti-Congress mood witnessed after the Emergency".
Naidu also dismissed the idea of any third or federal front taking shape after the Lok Sabha polls.
"We have seen many third fronts. And we have seen what their fate was. There will be no third front or federal front. It will be the BJP-led NDA," he asserted.
Asked if the BJP would keep its doors open for its erstwhile ally Trinamool Congress, Naidu did not give a direct reply, but hinted at political realignment with the poll coming closer.
"The BJP will do wonders in the next Lok Sabha election. I am not talking of any political party. But once the election comes closer, there will be political realignment. Some realignment before the election, some realignment after the election," Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!