Talks on sugarcane pricing at all-party meet fail
New Delhi: Discussions on sugarcane pricing remained "inconclusive" at an all-party meeting, which was called to ensure smooth functioning of Parliament.
Parliament after both Houses remained paralysed for the first two days of the winter session over the issue.
The issue of sugarcane pricing dominated the meeting, in which top leaders of the ruling and opposition parties were present.
"Discussions remained inconclusive (on sugarcane). Sharad Pawar has been asked to convene another meeting tomorrow noon to discuss the issue with the opposition leaders," CPI leader D Raja said when asked whether the government and the opposition have reached any unanimity on the matter.
Raja, at the same time, maintained that the government does not appear rigid on the issue and appears to have "an open mind" on it.
Insisting that the issue has to be seen in its totality, Raja said the opposition was hopeful of a resolution but added "it is for the government to come forward".
The meeting was attended among others by finance minister Pranab Mukherjee, Parliamentary affairs minister P K Bansal, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Leader of the opposition L K Advani, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, RLD chief Ajit Singh and RSP`s Abani Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'