Talks on sugarcane pricing at all-party meet fail
New Delhi: Discussions on sugarcane pricing remained "inconclusive" at an all-party meeting, which was called to ensure smooth functioning of Parliament.
Parliament after both Houses remained paralysed for the first two days of the winter session over the issue.
The issue of sugarcane pricing dominated the meeting, in which top leaders of the ruling and opposition parties were present.
"Discussions remained inconclusive (on sugarcane). Sharad Pawar has been asked to convene another meeting tomorrow noon to discuss the issue with the opposition leaders," CPI leader D Raja said when asked whether the government and the opposition have reached any unanimity on the matter.
Raja, at the same time, maintained that the government does not appear rigid on the issue and appears to have "an open mind" on it.
Insisting that the issue has to be seen in its totality, Raja said the opposition was hopeful of a resolution but added "it is for the government to come forward".
The meeting was attended among others by finance minister Pranab Mukherjee, Parliamentary affairs minister P K Bansal, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Leader of the opposition L K Advani, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, RLD chief Ajit Singh and RSP`s Abani Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon