Talks on to resolve PCC issue with Spain: Preneet
Patiala: Government has said that talks were on with Spanish authorities to resolve the issue of mandatory submission of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) by Indians in that country.
The Spanish Government had asked all foreigners to
submit PCCs authenticated and issued by the national police
agencies of their native countries or else they might face
"We have taken up this matter with Spanish Government
and a specimen of the form was sent to them for approval. We
may receive the approval in a day or two and problems of
Punjabis and Indian nationals will be resolved," Minister of
State for External affairs Preneet Kaur told agency.
More than 3,000 imiigrants from Punjab residing in
Spain were facing difficulty in getting status of permanent
immigrant for want of PCCs.
If the problem was not solved at the earliest, these
people might have to face deportation, official sources said.
Normally, state governments have been issuing PCCs
which are countersigned by the Indian Government. But the
Spanish Government has demanded that PCC should be from
national police agency of India.
"The Indian Government is ready to issue the
certificates to Indian nationals," Kaur asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok