Talks on to resolve PCC issue with Spain: Preneet
Patiala: Government has said that talks were on with Spanish authorities to resolve the issue of mandatory submission of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) by Indians in that country.
The Spanish Government had asked all foreigners to
submit PCCs authenticated and issued by the national police
agencies of their native countries or else they might face
"We have taken up this matter with Spanish Government
and a specimen of the form was sent to them for approval. We
may receive the approval in a day or two and problems of
Punjabis and Indian nationals will be resolved," Minister of
State for External affairs Preneet Kaur told agency.
More than 3,000 imiigrants from Punjab residing in
Spain were facing difficulty in getting status of permanent
immigrant for want of PCCs.
If the problem was not solved at the earliest, these
people might have to face deportation, official sources said.
Normally, state governments have been issuing PCCs
which are countersigned by the Indian Government. But the
Spanish Government has demanded that PCC should be from
national police agency of India.
"The Indian Government is ready to issue the
certificates to Indian nationals," Kaur asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read