Talks on to resolve PCC issue with Spain: Preneet
Patiala: Government has said that talks were on with Spanish authorities to resolve the issue of mandatory submission of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) by Indians in that country.
The Spanish Government had asked all foreigners to
submit PCCs authenticated and issued by the national police
agencies of their native countries or else they might face
"We have taken up this matter with Spanish Government
and a specimen of the form was sent to them for approval. We
may receive the approval in a day or two and problems of
Punjabis and Indian nationals will be resolved," Minister of
State for External affairs Preneet Kaur told agency.
More than 3,000 imiigrants from Punjab residing in
Spain were facing difficulty in getting status of permanent
immigrant for want of PCCs.
If the problem was not solved at the earliest, these
people might have to face deportation, official sources said.
Normally, state governments have been issuing PCCs
which are countersigned by the Indian Government. But the
Spanish Government has demanded that PCC should be from
national police agency of India.
"The Indian Government is ready to issue the
certificates to Indian nationals," Kaur asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'