Talks on with NCP to resolve issue: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to downplay the rift with NCP saying such situations keep arising in coalition politics and indicated that back-channel talks were underway to resolve the issue.
AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said the issues between the two parties will be resolved through talks.
"Such situations keep arising in coalition politics. These things are generally resolved through talks and mutual understanding. Let us hope for the best," Dwivedi told reporters.
NCP had last week decided to pull out of UPA government and support it from outside in protest against the way the party was treated by Congress.
A meeting of the Sharad Pawar-led party remained inconclusive today. Senior NCP leaders will meet again tomorrow to take a decision on the issue.
Congress sources said the issues raised by NCP were not related to the Centre but to Maharashtra.
They said back-channel discussions were on and the situation has not reached to such a pass that they will replace Prithviraj Chavan as Chief Minister of the state, yielding to pressure from NCP.
The problem could be of approach and style of functioning and amending them can also resolve issues, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA