Talks on with US on Devyani case: Preneet Kaur
Chandigarh: The Centre is holding confabulations with the US over the Devyani Khobragade case and the issue will be resolved, said Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur here on Monday.
"Talks are going on and the issue will be resolved," she said on the sidelines of a function at Panjab University.
On US not having granted the status of a diplomat, she said Devyani would first get UN accreditation, which would lead to US granting her the status.
She denied reports that India has softened its stand on the issue. "We all are concerned and all support is being provided."
On India-China border, Kaur said the two countries have a very good system as per which the special representatives of both sides conduct mutual talks.
"India-China is a very long border and it is a very complex issue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’