Talks on with US on Devyani case: Preneet Kaur
Chandigarh: The Centre is holding confabulations with the US over the Devyani Khobragade case and the issue will be resolved, said Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur here on Monday.
"Talks are going on and the issue will be resolved," she said on the sidelines of a function at Panjab University.
On US not having granted the status of a diplomat, she said Devyani would first get UN accreditation, which would lead to US granting her the status.
She denied reports that India has softened its stand on the issue. "We all are concerned and all support is being provided."
On India-China border, Kaur said the two countries have a very good system as per which the special representatives of both sides conduct mutual talks.
"India-China is a very long border and it is a very complex issue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?