Talks on with US on Devyani case: Preneet Kaur
Chandigarh: The Centre is holding confabulations with the US over the Devyani Khobragade case and the issue will be resolved, said Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur here on Monday.
"Talks are going on and the issue will be resolved," she said on the sidelines of a function at Panjab University.
On US not having granted the status of a diplomat, she said Devyani would first get UN accreditation, which would lead to US granting her the status.
She denied reports that India has softened its stand on the issue. "We all are concerned and all support is being provided."
On India-China border, Kaur said the two countries have a very good system as per which the special representatives of both sides conduct mutual talks.
"India-China is a very long border and it is a very complex issue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj