Talks on with US on Devyani case: Preneet Kaur
Chandigarh: The Centre is holding confabulations with the US over the Devyani Khobragade case and the issue will be resolved, said Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur here on Monday.
"Talks are going on and the issue will be resolved," she said on the sidelines of a function at Panjab University.
On US not having granted the status of a diplomat, she said Devyani would first get UN accreditation, which would lead to US granting her the status.
She denied reports that India has softened its stand on the issue. "We all are concerned and all support is being provided."
On India-China border, Kaur said the two countries have a very good system as per which the special representatives of both sides conduct mutual talks.
"India-China is a very long border and it is a very complex issue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH