Talks on with US on Devyani case: Preneet Kaur
Chandigarh: The Centre is holding confabulations with the US over the Devyani Khobragade case and the issue will be resolved, said Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur here on Monday.
"Talks are going on and the issue will be resolved," she said on the sidelines of a function at Panjab University.
On US not having granted the status of a diplomat, she said Devyani would first get UN accreditation, which would lead to US granting her the status.
She denied reports that India has softened its stand on the issue. "We all are concerned and all support is being provided."
On India-China border, Kaur said the two countries have a very good system as per which the special representatives of both sides conduct mutual talks.
"India-China is a very long border and it is a very complex issue," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan