Talks only after Jan Lokpal is tabled: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday said talks can
begin with the government only when it takes the first step of
restoring "trust and confidence" by introducing the Jan Lokpal
Bill in Parliament and made it clear that the Gandhian`s
agitation and fast will continue till then.
Swami Agnivesh, a core member of Team Anna, said the
government has indicated keenness to enter into negotiations
with them, but it is at a very "unofficial" stage.
"But we cannot say to what extent that there is a desire
from central ministers who got in touch with me and they say
they are very soon going to talk to the Prime Minister.
Yesterday night, there was a meeting," he told reporters at
the Ramlila Maidan here.
He also said there were a series of meetings on the issue
at the government-level.
"And hopefully they have agreed to introduce Jan Lokpal
Bill. If it is done that will be the first step to restore
confidence and trust. Then only some talks can being,"
He said the Hazare group was not by anyway talking of
withdrawing the agitation or fast.
"Unless there is something concrete in writing then only
we will take some decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug