Talks only after Jan Lokpal is tabled: Agnivesh
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday said talks can
begin with the government only when it takes the first step of
restoring "trust and confidence" by introducing the Jan Lokpal
Bill in Parliament and made it clear that the Gandhian`s
agitation and fast will continue till then.
Swami Agnivesh, a core member of Team Anna, said the
government has indicated keenness to enter into negotiations
with them, but it is at a very "unofficial" stage.
"But we cannot say to what extent that there is a desire
from central ministers who got in touch with me and they say
they are very soon going to talk to the Prime Minister.
Yesterday night, there was a meeting," he told reporters at
the Ramlila Maidan here.
He also said there were a series of meetings on the issue
at the government-level.
"And hopefully they have agreed to introduce Jan Lokpal
Bill. If it is done that will be the first step to restore
confidence and trust. Then only some talks can being,"
He said the Hazare group was not by anyway talking of
withdrawing the agitation or fast.
"Unless there is something concrete in writing then only
we will take some decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH