Talks with Anna`s team was good: Congress
New Delhi: Softening its stand, the Congress on Saturday said, the meeting of Anna and his team with Sonia Gandhi to discuss the draft of Lokpal Bill was positive.
The Congress General Secretary, Janardhan Dwivedi addressed a press conference here, soon after Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal finished their meeting with the Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
“Talks were held in a cordial atmosphere. Anna Hazare kept his final points in front of Sonia Gandhi with full respect and the talks with Anna’s team were good, however he did not say anything about the fast,” Dwivedi said.
He further added, “This is a coalition government which is running under the leadership of Congress, so whatever points have been kept would be thoroughly discussed within the leaders of the government and the final decision would be taken on a mutual agreement.”
However, Janardan Dwivedi did not disclose the points discussed by Anna Hazare and Sonia Gandhi. He said, “The time is not appropriate to discuss the points. This is a democratic country and everyone has the right to keep their views but whatever will be finalized by the government, the Congress party will accept it and the same is being expected from other civil society.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued