Talks with Anna`s team was good: Congress
New Delhi: Softening its stand, the Congress on Saturday said, the meeting of Anna and his team with Sonia Gandhi to discuss the draft of Lokpal Bill was positive.
The Congress General Secretary, Janardhan Dwivedi addressed a press conference here, soon after Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal finished their meeting with the Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
“Talks were held in a cordial atmosphere. Anna Hazare kept his final points in front of Sonia Gandhi with full respect and the talks with Anna’s team were good, however he did not say anything about the fast,” Dwivedi said.
He further added, “This is a coalition government which is running under the leadership of Congress, so whatever points have been kept would be thoroughly discussed within the leaders of the government and the final decision would be taken on a mutual agreement.”
However, Janardan Dwivedi did not disclose the points discussed by Anna Hazare and Sonia Gandhi. He said, “The time is not appropriate to discuss the points. This is a democratic country and everyone has the right to keep their views but whatever will be finalized by the government, the Congress party will accept it and the same is being expected from other civil society.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!