Talwar couple facing insomnia issues: Dasna Jail official
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Special CBI court on Tuesday for killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, are facing insomnia issues, a Dasna Jail official said on Wednesday.
Dr Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur Talwar have been kept in separate special cells at the Dasna Jail here.
Jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said the duo, facing insomnia issues because of anxiety, want to meet advocates.
He further said: "If they don`t sleep, we will have to give medicines. Doctors will be called if needed."
Before heading to the court yesterday, Nupur experienced high blood pressure and was advised by doctor to take rest.
The couple were later sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by the court.
Meanwhile, Rajesh Talwar has been reportedly asked to assist Dasna jail`s medical team. Nupur has been tasked with teaching female inmates and their kids. The duo would get Rs 40 each per day.
Special CBI Judge Shyam Lal said he was convinced that the gory murders of May 2008 at the Talwars` plush residence in Noida adjoining Delhi were committed "by the accused only".
"This court reaches the irresistible and impeccable conclusion that only the accused persons are responsible for committing this ghastly crime," he had said in his 210-page judgment.
"The manner in which the murders were committed is not the handiwork of single accused and rather the murders were committed and evidence destroyed by both the accused in furtherance of their common intention which is apparent from the facts and circumstances," he said.
The judge said he did not give the couple death penalty as sought by the prosecution "in view the entire facts and circumstances ... (as) the accused are not (a) menace to the orderly society.
"Therefore, it appears just and proper to sentence the accused to rigorous imprisonment for life under Section 302 with Section 34 of the IPC."
"The rarest of the rare case comes when a convict would be a menace and threat to the harmonious and peaceful existence of the society."
The distraught couple, who were until recently among the most sought-after dentists in Delhi and Noida, were in the court when the verdict was given. They were quickly taken back to the Dasna Jail.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi