Talwar couple subjected to narco tests in Aarushi case
New Delhi: Parents of Aarushi Talwar, who was found murdered at her Noida residence about two years ago, have to undergo a series of narco-analysis tests which began on February 8 in Gujarat`s Gandhinagar district.
While the tests are being conducted on her mother Nupur
Talwar, her father Rajesh Talwar will undergo the tests from
February 15 at the Forensic Sciences Laboratory in Gujarat.
"The tests on Nupur Talwar started on February 8 and will
continue till February 12. The narco-analysis of Dr Rajesh
Talwar will start from February 15 and will continue till
February 20," official sources told a news agency.
On January 5, the CBI had sought permission from a
Ghaziabad court to carry out narco-analysis tests on the
Aarushi (14) and her domestic help Hemraj were found
murdered at their Noida house on May 16, 2008.
Though a narco-analysis test takes only three hours, in
this case, the couple is subjected to the tests for nearly
five days each.
"It takes time because of the quantum of the query that
is needed. In this case, since there is no headway yet, we are
leaving no stone unturned to extract as much information as
they have," the sources said.
"It took us so long to carry out the test since there is
overcrowding of cases here. We also had to study the past
outcome of the test undertaken by the Talwar couple. We had to
jump the queue to conduct the test for which the CBI paid more
than a lakh," they said.
Narco analysis involves psychotherapy which is conducted
while the patient is deeply sedated with medication so that
inhibitions are reduced and responses will be more truthful.
The CBI conducted brain mapping and lie detector tests of
the Talwars in 2009 but no narco analysis was done on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state