Talwars could not have killed Aarushi: Lawyer
Ghaziabad: A lawyer defending Dr Nupur Talwar has told a court here that his client and her husband Dr Rajesh Talwar were in a state of tremendous shock on seeing their murdered daughter Aarushi, and therefore, could not be held responsible for the latter`s murder.
Presenting arguments in favour of Nupur Talwar`s bail application in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case on Tuesday, Parakshit Luthra quoted from the Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) first report which was filed in 2008, and said that the investigating agency has changed its hypothesis.
The Ghaziabad court is hearing Nupur`s bail petition, a day after she was sent to judicial custody.
Nupur, accused in the 2008 double murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, spent Monday night in a cell in Dasna jail. She was sent to judicial custody on Monday after the court rejected her interim bail plea.
The CBI has been opposing her plea on the grounds that she is trying to delay proceedings and her conduct has been objectionable. The CBI is said to have begun its argument in the case.
In the sessions court, Nupur`s lawyer Luthra argued that an interim bail should be granted to her because if she is jailed it would affect her reputation. The lawyer said that bail should be granted till the time proper hearing of bail application was done while claiming that the CBI itself has said that the agency does not have enough evidence against her.
Her bail application before the special court was rejected following opposition from the investigating agency. She was sent to the Dasna jail and spent Monday night there.
Dasna Jail Supritendant Viresh Raj Sharma had earlier said, "We don`t have any order from the court to send her to the court today. If the order comes, we will send her. As far as her warrant is concerned, we will send her to the court on May 3 if she doesn`t get the bail."
Earlier, the Ghaziabad court had issued a non-bailable warrant against Nupur Talwar after she failed to appear before a special CBI court despite a deadline given to her.
Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur have been accused by the CBI of being involved in the murder of their teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in May 2008.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead inside her Noida residence in May, 2008 with her throat slit and the body of the Talwars` domestic servant Hemraj was recovered from the terrace hours later. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional