‘Talwars indifference was shocking on fateful day`
Ghaziabad: An erstwhile Noida administration officer on Wednesday told a court here that he was "shocked" to see the "indifferent attitude" of dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar on the fateful day when the body of their teenaged daughter Aarushi was recovered from their flat.
Deposing as a prosecution witness, Sanjay Chauhan, who was posted as an additional magistrate in Noida in 2008, told special CBI court that around the time Aarushi`s body was recovered in her flat, he was passing by the area after an early morning walk.
He added that finding a crowd outside the Talwars` house, he ventured to enquire as to what has happened and entered the house to assess the situation after coming to know that a girl was murdered in the house.
Chauhan, who is now posted as Meerut sub-divisional magistrate, told the court that he went to the crime spot to assess the situation and was shocked to see that Aarushi`s parents were totally indifferent to the murder of their own daughter.
"I was shocked to see there was no trace of sorrow on the Talwars," he told the court, while identifying them as Aarushi`s parents.
He said that he waited for about an hour there for the "panchnama" of the body, but when it was not done he returned to his house.
He added that he had heard Rajesh telling the police to search for Hemraj instead of wasting time questioning him.
He said his statement was recorded by the CBI on November 12, 2008.
When defence counsel Manoj Shishodia questioned him as to why did he go to the crime spot without any official order, Chauhan said he was additional working magistrate in the office of Noida district`s magistrate and was "well within my power and jurisdiction to enquire into an incident, if I come across one".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray