Talwars move Allahabad HC against CBI court order
Allahabad: Noida-based dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court challenging a CBI court order rejecting their request for examining a number of witnesses.
The Talwars` petition was filed two days after the Supreme Court had refused to entertain their plea seeking summoning of 14 witnesses and reprimanded them for moving the Apex Court directly without first having approached the High Court saying it was "a wrong procedure".
Besides, the special CBI court had slammed the couple for "delaying tactics" when they sought a week`s time to move the High Court.
The trial court had, on May 4 last, turned down the couple`s request for summoning and recording statements of the 14 witnesses, including top IPS officer Arun Kumar who is at present the ADG (Law and Order) of Uttar Pradesh and was a Joint Director of the CBI during the probe.
Their petition, before the High Court, is likely to be placed before a Bench for hearing on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan