Talwars move Allahabad HC against CBI court order
Allahabad: Noida-based dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court challenging a CBI court order rejecting their request for examining a number of witnesses.
The Talwars` petition was filed two days after the Supreme Court had refused to entertain their plea seeking summoning of 14 witnesses and reprimanded them for moving the Apex Court directly without first having approached the High Court saying it was "a wrong procedure".
Besides, the special CBI court had slammed the couple for "delaying tactics" when they sought a week`s time to move the High Court.
The trial court had, on May 4 last, turned down the couple`s request for summoning and recording statements of the 14 witnesses, including top IPS officer Arun Kumar who is at present the ADG (Law and Order) of Uttar Pradesh and was a Joint Director of the CBI during the probe.
Their petition, before the High Court, is likely to be placed before a Bench for hearing on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!