Talwars move Allahabad HC against CBI court order
Allahabad: Noida-based dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court challenging a CBI court order rejecting their request for examining a number of witnesses.
The Talwars` petition was filed two days after the Supreme Court had refused to entertain their plea seeking summoning of 14 witnesses and reprimanded them for moving the Apex Court directly without first having approached the High Court saying it was "a wrong procedure".
Besides, the special CBI court had slammed the couple for "delaying tactics" when they sought a week`s time to move the High Court.
The trial court had, on May 4 last, turned down the couple`s request for summoning and recording statements of the 14 witnesses, including top IPS officer Arun Kumar who is at present the ADG (Law and Order) of Uttar Pradesh and was a Joint Director of the CBI during the probe.
Their petition, before the High Court, is likely to be placed before a Bench for hearing on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital