Talwars move Allahabad HC against CBI court order
Allahabad: Noida-based dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court challenging a CBI court order rejecting their request for examining a number of witnesses.
The Talwars` petition was filed two days after the Supreme Court had refused to entertain their plea seeking summoning of 14 witnesses and reprimanded them for moving the Apex Court directly without first having approached the High Court saying it was "a wrong procedure".
Besides, the special CBI court had slammed the couple for "delaying tactics" when they sought a week`s time to move the High Court.
The trial court had, on May 4 last, turned down the couple`s request for summoning and recording statements of the 14 witnesses, including top IPS officer Arun Kumar who is at present the ADG (Law and Order) of Uttar Pradesh and was a Joint Director of the CBI during the probe.
Their petition, before the High Court, is likely to be placed before a Bench for hearing on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader