Talwars move fresh petition to defer proceedings
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Friday moved a fresh petition in CBI court here seeking to defer the ongoing case proceedings till July 20.
The couple has said in the appeal that the Allahabad High Court had reserved its verdict on their plea for reports of various tests, for July 16.
CBI Judge Shyam Lal reserved order for Saturday.
"As the Allahabad High Court reserved its order on Talwars` application for July 16, we today submitted an application to the trial court seeking time till July 20. On this, trial court fixed the matter for July 6," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
On the other hand, CBI counsel opposed the Talwars` new application seeking the delay of case proceedings in trial court till July 20.
In the Allahabad High Court, Talwar had moved the petition seeking reports of brain mapping, sound simulation test, narco-analysis and lie detector test be put on court record.
Besides, the couple had also requested the court to direct trial court in Ghaziabad to summon all witnesses.
Rajesh and Nupur are accused in the twin murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog