Talwars move fresh petition to defer proceedings
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Friday moved a fresh petition in CBI court here seeking to defer the ongoing case proceedings till July 20.
The couple has said in the appeal that the Allahabad High Court had reserved its verdict on their plea for reports of various tests, for July 16.
CBI Judge Shyam Lal reserved order for Saturday.
"As the Allahabad High Court reserved its order on Talwars` application for July 16, we today submitted an application to the trial court seeking time till July 20. On this, trial court fixed the matter for July 6," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
On the other hand, CBI counsel opposed the Talwars` new application seeking the delay of case proceedings in trial court till July 20.
In the Allahabad High Court, Talwar had moved the petition seeking reports of brain mapping, sound simulation test, narco-analysis and lie detector test be put on court record.
Besides, the couple had also requested the court to direct trial court in Ghaziabad to summon all witnesses.
Rajesh and Nupur are accused in the twin murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees