Talwars ready for Narco but counsel opposes CBI plea
Ghaziabad: Reacting to a plea filed in a court here by the CBI to obtain permission for conducting narco analysis, on Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, parents of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar who was found murdered in her Noida house on May 16, 2008, the parents of Aarushi said on Monday ther were ready for any test.
“We have undergone many tests before also and have no objection to further testing,” Nupur Talwar said. Her husband and Aarushi;s father Rajesh agreed with her as well.
“Last week I was contacted by CBI officials and they asked for my support for a narco test. I am completely on for it. Although a lie detector and brain mapping test has already been conducted on me but then too I am ready to undergo any test,” he added.
However, both of them appeared dissatisfied by the probe of CBI. “We hope the agency concentrates on the real culprits in the case,” Nupur said.
Though both had apparently no problem in under going the so-called lie-detection test, their counsel opposed the CBI plea for same in court. Satish Tamta, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, opposed the CBI plea and said: "The final report has been submitted in the case and the parents have been found innocent."
"The parents are ill. The CBI under the pressure of media is trying to implicate the Talwars," Tamta added.
The Ghaziabad court meanwhile reserved order on the plea of CBI.
CBI counsel Suresh Batra submitted an application before Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Priti Singh requesting that the CBI be allowed to conduct narco-tests on the Talwars.
He said before submitting the plea: "The newly constituted team of CBI has found some fresh clues, therefore, their (Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s) narco-tests are a must."
Importantly, the CBI had conducted narco tests on other suspects Rajkumar, Vijay Mandal and Krishna – all domestic helps. However, all the suspects had come clean.
Aarushi Talwar was found with her throat slit and several stab wounds to her face on May 16, 2008 in her parents` house at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida, a suburb of Delhi. Her dentist father Rajesh Talwar was arrested and charged with the murder of Aarushi and their domestic servant Hemraj, who was found killed on May 17.
Later, the court found Rajesh Talwar innocent and a fresh probe was ordered in this wide-open double murder case.
In his first reaction to the fresh plea by the CBI, Dr Rajesh Talwar said, “I don’t have any objection to narco test. If it is required it should be done; to put Aarushi’s murderer behind bars and to provide justice to my daughter.”
Meanwhile, Naresh Yadav, who is Rajkumar’s lawyer said, “I thank the new team of CBI who have been given the charge to further investigate the Aarushi murder case. As soon as we get the orders from the Ghaziabad court, narco test will be conducted on Dr Tawar. An application has been registered lets hope that we get the orders soon.”
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset