Talwars to face trial for Aarushi’s murder
New Delhi: In a big setback for Aarushi’s parents, the Allahabad High Court, Friday, rejected two spate petitions filed by Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, thereby paving way for the starting of trial against them for the murder of their daughter and their domestic help Hemraj.
Rejecting the criminal revision petition filed by Aarushi’s mother Nupur, the court observed that the lower court’s order, making them accused in the murder case, was “well reasoned” and hence stands upheld.
The court asked Nupur to appear before the designated CBI court in Ghaziabad by March 22 and can seek bail afresh.
Prime accused Dr Rajesh Talwar’s petition challenging the bailable warrant against him by the CBI court was also rejected by the High Court. He will have to appear before the court on March 23.
If they fail to secure bail then they would be arrested and sent to jail pending the conclusion of trial.
The Talwars in their petition had contended that the CBI conducted a half-hearted and incomplete investigation into the case and that, scientific methods of criminal investigation like `touch DNA` were not adopted to build or gather evidence against the accused.
The CBI filed a closure report in the case in December 2010. The Ghaziabad court ordered February 09 that the Talwars be charged with murder, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy. They were charged under Sections 302, 201 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The CBI court had given its orders following submission of a closure report by the CBI, which named Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar as the prime accused, but said he could not be prosecuted due to lack of evidence.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi, a Class 9 student of the Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered at her parents` apartment in Noida May 16, 2008.
The family`s servant Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing but his body too was found on the flat`s terrace the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed