Tamil Nadu Express fire: 19 victims identified
Hyderabad: Two days after fire gutted a coach of the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express, 19 of the 32 bodies had been identified by Wednesday as forensic experts continued to sift through the wreckage for clues.
Thirteen bodies still remained unidentified at the Nellore Government Hospital. Of the identified victims of the fire tragedy, eight each were from Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, two from Uttar Pradesh and one from Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
Railway officials added that at least nine bodies were burnt beyond recognition and they were planning to collect blood samples from the relatives claiming the bodies for DNA tests to establish the identity.
The forensic test to identify the bodies will be inevitable in view of the claims by the families of missing passengers. In one case, two families have claimed the same body.
Experts from Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (APFSL) for the second consecutive day Wednesday examined the gutted S-11 coach. They have not yet found any clues which could suggest sabotage as the cause behind the tragedy.
According to APFSL director ON Murthy, no remnants of explosives or blast marks were found.
Some survivors and eyewitnesses said they heard an explosion before the flames engulfed the coach. Authorities believe that the disaster was caused by electrical short circuiting.
The railways will launch a probe Thursday. Dinesh Kumar, commissioner of railway safety, south central circle, will conduct public inquiry for two days. Eyewitnesses or others with knowledge of what happened could record their statements before the commissioner at the Railway Officers` Rest House, Nellore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly