Tanasha case: Accused booked under MCOCA
Mumbai: Eleven people arrested for the
murder of Farid Tanasha, suspected aide of gangster Chhota
Rajan, have been booked under the stringent Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
"The accused have been charged under MCOCA for killing
Tanasha. They were produced before the special MCOCA court
yesterday which remanded them to police custody till July 19,"
a senior Crime Branch official told PTI.
On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by unidentified sharp
shooters at his residence in Tilak Nagar in Chembur.
A month later, police arrested nine suspected members of
Bharat Nepali gang. A week after, two more accused were nabbed
in the same case.
According to the police, the accused were paid a contract
amount by Nepali and by his associate Vijay Shetty to
eliminate Tanasha, as the gangster had felt "insecure" about
his position and a threat to his life because of Tanasha.
The arrested accused are Zaffar Khan alias Abbas,
Mohammed Saqib Khan, Raviprakash Singh alias Twinkle, Pankaj
Singh, Randhir Singh alias Nikhil, Mohammed Rafiq Shaikh alias
Shankar, Dattatray Bhakre, Ravindra Warerkar, Vishwanath
Shetty, Rajeev Chavan and Laljibhai Bhandari, police said.
Three more are still wanted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman