Tanasha case: Accused booked under MCOCA
Mumbai: Eleven people arrested for the
murder of Farid Tanasha, suspected aide of gangster Chhota
Rajan, have been booked under the stringent Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
"The accused have been charged under MCOCA for killing
Tanasha. They were produced before the special MCOCA court
yesterday which remanded them to police custody till July 19,"
a senior Crime Branch official told PTI.
On June 2, Tanasha was shot dead by unidentified sharp
shooters at his residence in Tilak Nagar in Chembur.
A month later, police arrested nine suspected members of
Bharat Nepali gang. A week after, two more accused were nabbed
in the same case.
According to the police, the accused were paid a contract
amount by Nepali and by his associate Vijay Shetty to
eliminate Tanasha, as the gangster had felt "insecure" about
his position and a threat to his life because of Tanasha.
The arrested accused are Zaffar Khan alias Abbas,
Mohammed Saqib Khan, Raviprakash Singh alias Twinkle, Pankaj
Singh, Randhir Singh alias Nikhil, Mohammed Rafiq Shaikh alias
Shankar, Dattatray Bhakre, Ravindra Warerkar, Vishwanath
Shetty, Rajeev Chavan and Laljibhai Bhandari, police said.
Three more are still wanted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Employees use social media to kill mental fatigue: Survey
- Calicut University degree first allotment results 2016 announced. Check universityofcalicut.info, www.cuonline.ac.in for CU first allotment 2016
- Subsidy information now on Indian Railways train tickets
- Meet the man who bid goodbye to a job that earned him Rs 500 crore annually
- Gurudas Kamat withdraws resignation from Congress, says will continue to serve under Sonia, Rahul