Tandoor case convict granted parole to visit ailing mother
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today
granted seven hour custody parole to former Delhi Pradesh
Youth Congress president Sushil Sharma, sentenced to death for
brutally killing his wife Naina Sahani 15 years ago, to attend
to his ailing mother.
Justice Hima Kohli in an order denied parole for three
months but allowed Sharma to visit his ailing mother only for
once a week before the doctors fixed her operation at Jaipur
She said the convict will be taken in the custody of
policemen and will be allowed to spend time with his mother
from 10 am to 5 pm in the evening and immediately after his
return the jail authorities were to be informed.
Filing the petition, Sharma sought the court`s order
setting aside the Ministry of Home and NCT government`s
dismissal of his application for parole on June 1.
Sharma said he has been in judicial custody for the past
15 years and was not able to attend his parents who are old
and suffering from various ailments.
He said his mother, 68, recently suffered a heart
attack and his father, 76, suffered from old-age problems.
On February 17, the Delhi High Court had upheld the
trial court`s judgement of 2003, awarding death sentence to
Sharma for killing his wife Naina Sahani, former general
secretary of Delhi Mahila Congress, in 1995.
Sharma had killed Sahani, cut her body into pieces and
then tried to burn them in a tandoor in a restaurant on Ashoka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say